Effective Date: December 1, 2016
If you have any question about this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scope and Consent
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
Information We Received and Collect
We collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with the use of Payment Approved Services, and to help us personalize and improve your experience.
If you open an account, we collect the following information from you:
Mobile Device Information – We may collect information about you when you download or use a mobile device, either through a mobile application or via a mobile optimized website. The following information may be received and collected from your your mobile device such as your device type, machine or mobile device identification number, geo-location, time zone, language setting, browser type, and IP address. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. You may opt-out of those location-based services, however, you will not be permitted to use our mobile application or our mobile optimized website for any money transmission services if you disable location services in the device’s setting’s menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacture of your particular device.
User Provided Information – We may collect and store any information you provide us when you use Payment Approved Services, including when you add information on a web/mobile form, open or update an account, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolutions, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding Payment Approved Services. When you open an account or use Payment Approved Services, we may also collect information about you, transactions and your activities. The following types of information is collected:
- Account Information: If you open an account, we collect the following information: your full name and email address, and we may collect your cellular/wireless telephone number.
- Transaction Information: In order to conduct transactions using Payment Approved Services, we may collect the following personal and financial information: full bank account numbers, debit card number, and credit card numbers that you link to your account or give us when you use Payment Approved Services, zip code and state of the location of the transaction.
- Additional Personal Information: We may also collect information contact with us, including our customer support team, your results when you respond to a survey, for quality and training purposes or for its own protection, Payment Approved may monitor or record its telephone conversations with you or anyone acting on your behalf. By communicating with Payment Approved, you acknowledge that your communication may be overheard, monitored, or recorded without further notice or warning.
- Authentication and Fraud Prevention – We are committed to providing a safe, secure and all around great service. Therefore, before permitting you to use Payment Approved Services, we may require additional information from you throughout the lifetime of the account in order to verify your identity, address fraud concerns, manage risk and adhere to regulatory compliance We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as identity verification, fraud prevention and similar services. We may collect detailed information such as address, date of birth, phone number, government identification (or other governmental issued verification numbers), and any other government/ regulation agency required information.
When you are using Payment Approved Services, we collect information about your account transactions and trust relationships and we may collect information about your computer or other access device for fraud prevention and other similar purposes.
Opt-In Information – Finally, we may collect some additional information that you may opt for, such as surveys and crash data that can help us understand and improve our product.
We do not allow anyone under the legal age of 18 to sign up, and we do not collect any information from anyone under the legal age of 18.
When you access the website, we, or companies we hire to track how our website is used, may place small data files called “cookies” on your computer. We may use these “cookies” to recognize you as a customer; customize services, content, measure promo effectiveness; help ensure that your account security is not compromised; to promote safety across our services.
For example, we send a “session cookie” to your computer any time you log in to your account. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we don’t need to ask you for your password on each page.
You may delete or decline our cookies depending on your browser permits and settings, unless the cookies are required for ensure security of websites we control. Deleting or declining cookies might interfere with the website usage process.
Information Storage and Protection
We store and process your personal information using third party servers located in secure data centers in the United States, this information is protected by physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We also use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our office and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities as set by internal security policies.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee that personal information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of our administrative, managerial and technical safeguards. Therefore, we urge you to take adequate precautions to protect your personal data as well, including never sharing your account information or password with anyone.
If Payment Approved learns of a systems security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically through text/email so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using Payment Approved Services, you agree that Payment Approved may communicate with you electronically. Payment Approved may post a notice on their websites if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice of a security breach) you should notify us in writing.
Use of Your Personal Information
Our primary goal is to provide you with exceptionally efficient and secure services and we collect your personal information so we can customize our services to your needs and provide you with the upmost security. Your constant information update will help us better understand you as the customer. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the best services and provide customer support to your request;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions or your network activity;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- manage risk, prevent potentially fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, personalize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website;
- verify your identity: while opening an account, password reset processes and during transacting, and compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties;
- detect, prevent or remediate violations of policies or applicable user agreements;
- send you marketing and advertising about new products and services that we are offering and deliver promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- perform creditworthiness and solvency checks, and compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
- contact you via email, via telephone number, (by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging), based on your communication preferences and as authorized by our User Agreement;
- manage and protect our information technology infrastructure;
- perform other duties as required by law.
- manage and protect our information technology infrastructure;
- perform other duties as required by law.
Sharing Your Information
To send, request, or received money to/from your friends, family members or any other user, we need to share some of your personal information with that individual or entity in order to complete the transaction.
Sharing Your Information with other Payment Approved Users – Depending on the type of transaction, we may provide those parties with your information or transaction information, such as such as your name, transaction ID, contact details, transaction status, fraud notices, shipping and billing address, or other information needed to promote the reliability and security of the transaction.
Examples of information we may provide to another user include, but are not limited to the following: If a transaction is put on hold, pending, fails, rejected, or is later invalidated, we may also provide details of the status of the transaction. If someone is sending you money and enters your email address or phone number, we may provide them with your registered name so they can verify they are sending the money to the correct account. If someone attempts to use a credit card/debit card and/or bank account used by another user, both users will be provided with fraud notices.
As a Third Party Payment Processor, Payment Approved work with Merchant user (“Merchants”), to enable them to accept payments from their customers. Some of these Merchants have enable the capability to accept payments from you from your Payment Approved Account (such as Giddy Cash). In doing so, you may pay a merchant using our services and we may share with the merchant your contact information, such as your email address, to inform them when your payment has been sent, an order process and shipped. Although Payment Approved’s User Agreement does not allow the other transacting user to use the information provided in any other way than providing our services, Payment Approved is not responsible for their actions, including their information protection practices. Please note that Merchants have their own user and privacy policies, and they are responsible to send you with their receipt for their service or/and product they provided.
We will never disclose your financial information, such as bank information and/or debit/credit card information to any Payment Approved user, except with your express permission or if required to comply with a subpoena or other legal process. It is our duty to keep your financial information safe to our best abilities.
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties – Payment Approved and its affiliates does NOT share your personal information with third parties for promotional or marketing purposes. We may share your personal information with:
Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties if Payment Approved is compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure, when it is necessary to do so to comply with law, or where the disclosure of personal information is reasonably necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of the Giddy User Agreement, or as otherwise required by law.
Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations (for example, fraud prevention, payment processing, or technology services). Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit;
Credit bureaus and collection agencies to report account information, as permitted by law.
Banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants
Other third parties with your consent or at your direction to do so.
Access and Change Your Information
You can review and update your personal information in your account settings at any time by logging in to your account and select “Profile Setting” from the menu list.
Links to Other Websites
Giddy currently does not have any links to other websites.
Need to Contact Us?